I’ve been making music for 6 years and running this blog for 4 years. I appreciate all the support I’ve gotten over the years. That support and my love of creativity is what keeps me going, but I must keep it real with you. I don’t get payed for any of my content and haven’t for about upwards of 8 months. Now, money isn’t the main goal, but I need to survive. It’s affecting my life, relationship and well-being so this is why I am writing this. My loved ones are worried I’ve been investing all my time and money ($1,000+ over the 6 years) into this dream without any returns and think I should rethink my life choice. I disagree and I hope you do too. If you’re convinced please support financially or, at the very least share the content with people (Which I posted at the bottom of the post) . The hardest part hasn’t been making content, but getting people to see the hard work. I am a one man team, humbly asking for your assistance. If you’re not convinced the stay tuned because I’m about to do a brief breakdown of my investment into my dream over the half decade.
- A $400 Desktop computer to upgrade from laptop because it had horrible RAM (2gb) and no storage space (200 gb).
- A condenser microphone, stand, interface and cables (Approx. $300)
- A drawing tablet ($100) So I could work in Photoshop to create my own album covers and now animations.
- Instruments ($300) – This includes my acoustic guitar, keyboard, and MIDI keyboard.
- Reason 8.3 ($400) when I first started out I have a pirated version of Reason 5 and after a couple year of that for studying I decided to invest in craft and upgrade to the recent version,
- Multiple Cameras ($300) due to some breaking over the years from use or accidents.
That alone is $1900 investment over the last 6 years and I’ve only made maybe a tenth of that back.
List of My Content
On this blog. I post original content such as How to Overcome Writer’s Block or the Death of the Facebook Like Page. I even post poetry such as Man in the Mirror. Speaking Man in the Mirror did you know I made a music video for that song. (embedded below the paragraph). While we’re on the topic of poetry I’ve also published a book of poetry earlier this year titled Yesterday’s Tomorrow. I even made an accompanying Soundtrack for my book.
On my YouTube channel I post a music semi-daily and have been working on a daily music making challenge where I try to make a short 1 to 2 minute theme every day or two. I also occasionally post music theory/mixing tutorials (embedded below this paragraph
I’m thankful for anyone who has read this in its entirety and I hope you continue to follow me on my creative journey. Thanks for the past support. Let’s make something great.
Bonus! Here’s a short compilation of clips from my animation practice